Yordigital Services Limited is committed to protecting your right to privacy. It is our policy to respect the privacy of private communication.
The information you provide to us will be held on yordigital.com servers based in the UK, and, except as explained below, we will not transfer it, or authorise its transfer, outside the UK.
We collect information about our users in order to help us continually improve the products and facilities we offer and so that we can enter into commercial arrangements, including the sale of advertising space. yordigital.com will always adhere to UK Data Protection Legislation which, from 25 May 2018, includes EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Other than as stated below, we do not hold or use any information that you provide, or which we collect, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), nor do we transfer it to, or share it with, others within or outside the EEA (except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it).
What Data Do We Collect?
We will collect personal data as provided to us during the registration or purchase process, which you agree to supply us as accurate.
We do not monitor your use of the Internet, but we do use cookie technology to monitor your use of any sites and applications we have published or may publish in the future. This information is not stored alongside your personal data and will only be used on an anonymous, aggregated basis. We may process your personal data in combination with the documents and forms downloaded in order to maintain and improve the facilities we offer and to send you alerts about important updates to such content.
What Do We Use Your Data For?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account and/or subscription(s).
- Supplying you with information, documents, forms, and other content either through the yordigital.com site or by email. You can control your email preferences from ‘My Account’ and can opt out of our newsletters and bulletins when you register (or at any time thereafter). Please note that some emails are an integral part of the yordigital.com service you sign up for when registering with yordigital.com and cannot be opted out of and that by registering, you are consenting to us using your personal data to send such emails. We will never send you any spam and always aim to ensure that our emails will be genuinely useful to recipients.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to communications of any nature from you.
- Building up a profile of your interests and preferences based on your download history.
Our processing of your personal data is in our legitimate interests and is necessary to provide the yordigital.com service to you and to continually improve it and the content available through it.
In addition, when you purchase from us, your personal data is necessary for the formation of the contract between you and yordigital.com and the completion of your purchase.
What Cookies Do We Use?
There are two types of cookie used by yordigital.com:
Session cookies – these expire when you close your browser and do not remain on your computer.
Persistent cookies – these are stored long term on your computer for a defined period of time.
Google Tag Manager & WordPress Statistics
This is a tool that we use for tracking and analytics on our site. We use tracking and analytics to better understand how you use our site in order to improve our service. Tracking and analytics are not used for any direct marketing purposes.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
The personal data that you provide when registering with us is retained until you ask us to delete it. If you wish to delete your account, please contact us. Download histories are retained indefinitely, however when an account is deleted, this information cannot be used to identify you. All personally identifying information is deleted immediately on your request subject to any outstanding balances being settled.
How and Where Do We Store or Transfer Your Personal Data?
We only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
Do We Share Your Personal Data?
We share your personal data with selected third parties exclusively to provide services to you, only with the following parties for the following purposes:
To the extent necessary for the purpose of providing our service, the personal data which you give us during the registration process, may be transferred to third parties within the EEA who we engage from time to time to provide us with any services or facilities which we use for the purpose of administering our business and providing our products and services to customers.
What Are Your Rights As A Data Subject?
Individual data subjects have the following rights under the GDPR which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access your personal data by means of a subject access request (see below).
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. You can do this either by contacting us or by clicking on the ‘Change My Details’ link in ‘My Account’.
- The right to erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten). You can exercise this right either by contacting us. Please note that if you delete your account, it will be deleted immediately and if you have an active subscription, that subscription will be cancelled. Refunds are not available.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes. Email preferences can be changed using the ‘Email Preferences’ link in ‘My Account’. Using this link you can opt-out of our newsletters and bulletins and, for expired subscriptions only, our alerts. For active subscriptions, alerts are an integral part of our service. For further information, please contact us.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or business. Please note, however, that this right applies only if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for performance with a contract, and your data is processed using automated means.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not, however, use your personal data in this way.
Further information about your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel that your rights have been breached.
How Can You Access Your Personal Data?
All personal data provided by you during registration, along with details of your download history, can be accessed via ‘My Account’.
If you wish to make a data subject access request, please do so in writing, by email or to the postal address shown here, clearly marking your correspondence with the subject “Data Subject Access Request”.
We do not normally charge for subject access requests unless they are ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (e.g. repetitive). We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. In the unlikely event that your request is particularly complex, a further two months may be required but we will keep you informed if this is the case.